Meirc Interpersonal Skills and Self Development Training: Employees who stand out from the pack seem to possess a special knack for getting results from others in the organization. Somehow, they show a remarkable ability to deliver results in the face of tight schedules and scarce resources while others struggle constantly with peers, superiors and subordinates, pleading, cajoling, and haggling, and even taking on work that wasn’t meant for them. Some jobs expose employees to excessive stress and their departments have trouble meeting their goals while effective employees get superior results from their interactions with others. In today’s business environment, the seemingly elusive ability to elicit the cooperation of others in short order is essential to the success of your organization and your career. This category of courses will allow you to master the ability to enlist the support of others and self-develop your interpersonal skills. For a list of these programs, refer to the schedule below. For more information about the category or any of its programs, please contact us and we will be more than glad to assist.
Managing Conflict: Power through Influence
If not managed properly, interpersonal issues and conflicts within teams can derail the best laid plans. In this training course you will learn how to resolve even the most problematic situations using a variety of approaches and proven techniques. You will identify your preferred conflict resolution style and learn how to adapt it to tackle the situation you face; you will also learn about influencing skills and the bases of power, how to apply them and when. In this training course you will be equipped with the ability to diffuse conflicts and use them as a platform for positive change.
The course uses a mix of interactive techniques, such as brief presentations by the consultant and the participants, role plays (rehearsed and impromptu), playback of videotaped performances and individual and group feedback.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define and understand the different sources of conflict
- Identify personal conflict resolution styles
- Apply influencing skills and explore relationships with others
- Manage conflict in teams and engage in effective team problem solving
- Use the different bases of power and change them according to the situation
- Practice the different strategies of winning hearts and minds of people
Business professionals who want to expand their conflict resolution skills, understand their own emotions and behaviors and find productive ways to manage conflict with influence even when authority is lacking.
- Proactive listening
- Handling rejection and human awareness
- Leading others
- People reading and personal relationships
- Problem management and situation analysis
- Problem solving skills
- Self assessment and sensitivity to others
- Understanding motivational needs
- Customer orientation and frequent interaction with others
Tagged: certificate programmes, Dubai, management training, meirc, training courses